Subject: bug#6535: 24.0.50; grep seems not to work

From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:14:44 +0200

Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> writes:

> Štěpán Němec skrev 2010-06-29 10.31:
>> Anyway, the problem looks very much like the issue discussed here:
>>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/126393
>
> The hang may be caused by that problem, but the cause is the terminal type
> being set is not recognized. Fixing the hang will probably not make grep work
> in this case.
>
>>
>> Unfortunately, the developers seem to be ignoring it.
>>
>
> I think the correct term is "not talking about the work being done in public"
> :-)

Nothing suggests anyone is working on fixing the problem. If you have a
fix, why don't you commit it? If you don't have a fix *now*, why is the
breakage not reverted for the time being? I didn't even get any reaction
on this question.

I don't expect the trunk to be perfectly usable all the time, but I fail
to see any value in leaving a known and repeatedly reported breakage in
for an extended period of time.

Anyway, thanks for at least expressing your (IMO overly) optimistic view
on the matter.

Štěpán