Subject: Re: bug#65340: further build failure on Android (Termux)

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 15:50:44 +0200

Po Lu wrote:
> Thanks, both problems you mentioned should now be fixed.

Thanks. configure now displays

  checking for library containing tputs... -ltinfo

But I still get a link error, due to configure.ac line 6062. I needed
to change this line
  mingw32 | android)
to
  mingw32)
in order for the build to go further.

With this done, "make" succeeds, and "make install" works fine as well.
If there are issues with "make check", I'll report them separately.

> BTW, I see that config.guess doesn't detect Android when trying to
> establish the operating system for a Linux-based system.  I have a
> straightforward fix, but no papers for config.  So it would be expedient
> for you or Paul to rewrite it independently.

Good point. Indeed, if config.guess guessed it correctly, my mistake
yesterday would not have happened.

For such tiny contributions to config.guess, no copyright assignment is needed,
per <https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Legally-Significant.html>.
I filed a patch here now:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/config-patches/2023-08/msg00012.html

Bruno