Subject: Re: [bug#65335] [PATCH 0/4] Allow mounting root on tmpfs for impersistence

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 18:48:40 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Just to tell that the v3 I sent a few weeks ago is indeed fully tested,
> and that commit messages are properly written.

Just pushed v3 as b1ec85533a63c10616d9260f90411ca6f362de00!

I did tweak the commit messages but that’s because I’m too picky :-) and
the changes were minor.

> Should we also think about a blog post on impermanence like nix did?

Yes, definitely!

There could also be a section in the manual with a complete OS
definition, to show how one can set up a volatile image.

Last, I realize there’s no system tests.  I’m not sure how to do that
(because system tests already run on a tmpfs overlay) but it’d be nice
to make sure “root=none” handling keeps working.

Thoughts?

Thanks for all the work!

Ludo’.