Subject: RE: bug#6532: text properties follow along text copied to other buffers

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:34:23 -0700

> >> Is it a bug or a feature
> 
> A> A feature.  And it's customizable (and bindable).
> A> See `yank-excluded-properties'.
> 
> OK, found it. Instead of the extra long list it comes with and is hard
> to maintain I bet, I wonder why it isn't 't' to begin with. 
> OK, thanks.

The default value of the option needs to be the most reasonable value for most
uses by most people - or at least a reasonable value. ;-)

The value chosen seems like a pretty good choice, to me.  What matters most to
me is that yanking does not exclude `face' but it does exclude `mouse-face'.
Whether most people want to yank with faces by default is questionable, but that
fits my use.

FWIW - One thing that might be helpful (it is present in some other editors)
would be an Edit menu item to paste without properties (or paste with some
preferred set of properties whenever no-property yanking is the user's default
behavior).