Subject: bug#65306: [shepherd] ntpd throws shepherd out of the loop

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 21:58:08 +0200

Hi,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Am Samstag, dem 02.09.2023 um 22:44 +0200 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:

[...]

>> Liliana, Timotej: could you try the Guix patch I posted at
>> <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/64966>?
> Do we have a guide on how to swap out shepherd from the config.scm? 
> The machine that experiences this fault isn't set up for Guix hacking.

You can do something like this in your OS config:

  (essential-services
   (modify-services (operating-system-default-essential-services
                     this-operating-system)
     (shepherd-root-service-type
      config => (shepherd-configuration
                 (shepherd insert-custom-sherpherd-here)))))

(Initially mentioned at
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2023-04/msg00396.html>.)

HTH!

Ludo’.