Subject: bug#65305: 29.1; archive-mode can not handle subfile names encoded with utf-8

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 13:31:16 +0900

With python 3.10, ZIP archive can be created with:
  python -m zipfile -c ARCHIVE.zip subfile

If the subfile name contains non-ASCII characters, they are encoded with
utf-8 in anyway. Such subfile names are decoded with local language
encoding(cp932 for Japanese Windows OS) in archive-mode.

For example, archive 一.txt in test.zip with python:
  python -m zipfile -c test.zip 一.txt
The subfile name is shown as 荳\200.txt in archive-mode buffer and the
entry can not be extracted. 

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2023-08-02 built on
 AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19045.3324)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: JPN
  locale-coding-system: cp932

Major mode: Dired

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(wdired qp files-x shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring
dired-aux image-mode exif arc-mode archive-mode pp shadow emacsbug
help-mode gnutls network-stream nsm mailalias smtpmail textsec
uni-scripts url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source
eieio eieio-core cl-macs json map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check sort
cl-seq misearch multi-isearch mail-extr message sendmail mailcap
yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search
time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib term/bobcat japan-util rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 239724 23153)
 (symbols 48 8782 7)
 (strings 32 40794 3846)
 (string-bytes 1 887485)
 (vectors 16 45221)
 (vector-slots 8 1276135 125856)
 (floats 8 105 354)
 (intervals 56 1746 0)
 (buffers 984 17))