Subject: emacs 29.1.50; Inconsistency in eshell.texi Introduction

From: Eric Gillespie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 14:28:20 +1200

I've found an inconsistency in the Introduction to eshell.texi. It
specifies as part of
a search pattern for Word Document files that are 100k or larger and six
months or older the following footnoted pattern:

ls -lt **/*.doc(Lk+50aM+5)

That nets me files bigger than 50k, not the 100k specified in the
paragraph. Here's
a quick diff supplying a correction.

===== diff =====
diff --git a/doc/misc/eshell.texi b/doc/misc/eshell.texi
index b5311e63a56..26f282de69c 100644
--- a/doc/misc/eshell.texi
+++ b/doc/misc/eshell.texi
@@ -141,7 +141,7 @@ Introduction
 Any tool you use often deserves the time spent learning to master it.
 @footnote{For the understandably curious, here is what that command
 looks like: But don't let it fool you; once you know what's going on,
-it's easier than it looks: @code{ls -lt **/*.doc(Lk+50aM+5)}.}
+it's easier than it looks: @code{ls -lt **/*.doc(Lk+100aM+5)}.}

 @menu
 * Contributors to Eshell::      People who have helped out!
===== end diff =====

Regards, brickviking