Subject: bug#65292: closed (Re: bug#65292: 30.0.50; unportable shell construct in configure)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 01:37:03 +0000

Your bug report

#65292: 30.0.50; unportable shell construct in configure

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65292: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65292
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65292: 30.0.50; unportable shell construct in configure
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Thomas Klausner <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 09:36:24 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thomas Klausner <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 15, 2023 at 02:21:56PM +0800, Po Lu wrote:
>> Should be fixed now, thanks.
>
> I can confirm that the problem is now gone on my side.
>
> Thank you for the quick fix!
>  Thomas

Thanks, closing.

Subject: 30.0.50; unportable shell construct in configure
From: Thomas Klausner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 14. August 2023 at 15:21:12 CEST
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

NetBSD's sh doesn't like:

if test -n "${ndk_commands//\n }"

(it works in bash)

This construct has been in m4/ndk-build.m4 for quite some time, I'm not
sure how it ended up in configure now, but I guess it was one of the
recent Android changes.

I don't build emacs every day, so I think it appeared between Aug 5 and
Aug 13.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64--netbsd, GTK+ Version 3.24.38,
cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-08-05 built on yt.nih.at
Repository revision: 60e5f212182ca2f41f89a4315075e38433bc8ac0
Repository branch: HEAD
System Description: NetBSD yt.nih.at 10.99.7 NetBSD 10.99.7 (MIAU) #148: Fri Aug 11 20:13:44 CEST 2023  [email-masked]:/disk/6/archive/foreign/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/obj/MIAU amd64

Configured using:
'configure --srcdir=/scratch/wip/emacs-git/work/emacs
--localstatedir=/var --with-native-compilation --without-ns
--without-imagemagick --without-xaw3d --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
--prefix=/usr/pkg --build=x86_64--netbsd --host=x86_64--netbsd
--infodir=/usr/pkg/info --mandir=/usr/pkg/man
--enable-option-checking=yes 'CFLAGS=-O2 -g -g -fstack-clash-protection
-I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/pkg/include/freetype2
-I/usr/pkg/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/pkg/include/gio-unix-2.0
-I/usr/pkg/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/pkg/include/harfbuzz
-I/usr/pkg/include/libdrm' 'CPPFLAGS=-g -I/usr/pkg/include
-I/usr/include -I/usr/pkg/include/freetype2 -I/usr/pkg/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/pkg/include/gio-unix-2.0 -I/usr/pkg/lib/glib-2.0/include
-I/usr/pkg/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/pkg/include/libdrm'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/gcc13/lib -Wl,-zrelro -Wl,-znow -L/usr/pkg/lib
-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/lib''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
 value of $LC_CTYPE: de_AT.UTF-8
 value of $LC_TIME: de_AT.UTF-8
 locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
 nerd-icons-ivy-rich-mode: t
 ivy-rich-mode: t
 global-flycheck-mode: t
 flycheck-mode: t
 global-company-mode: t
 company-mode: t
 dtrt-indent-global-mode: t
 dtrt-indent-mode: t
 counsel-mode: t
 ivy-mode: t
 which-key-mode: t
 server-mode: t
 tooltip-mode: t
 global-eldoc-mode: t
 eldoc-mode: t
 show-paren-mode: t
 electric-indent-mode: t
 mouse-wheel-mode: t
 file-name-shadow-mode: t
 global-font-lock-mode: t
 font-lock-mode: t
 blink-cursor-mode: t
 line-number-mode: t
 indent-tabs-mode: t
 transient-mark-mode: t
 auto-composition-mode: t
 auto-encryption-mode: t
 auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/wiz/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230602.2121/transient hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
term/screen term/xterm xterm eglot external-completion jsonrpc
flymake-proc flymake thingatpt ert pp ewoc debug backtrace filenotify
imenu use-package-core comp comp-cstr warnings icons nerd-icons-ivy-rich
ivy-rich nerd-icons-dired nerd-icons nerd-icons-faces nerd-icons-data
nerd-icons-data-mdicon nerd-icons-data-flicon nerd-icons-data-codicon
nerd-icons-data-devicon nerd-icons-data-sucicon nerd-icons-data-wicon
nerd-icons-data-faicon nerd-icons-data-powerline nerd-icons-data-octicon
nerd-icons-data-pomicon nerd-icons-data-ipsicon company-box
company-box-doc frame-local company-box-icons company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb leuven-theme flycheck find-func dash company dtrt-indent
advice cus-load finder-inf counsel xdg xref project dired dired-loaddefs
compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color swiper cl-extra
help-mode ivy delsel ring ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color which-key
server avy-autoloads bison-mode-autoloads clang-format+-autoloads
clang-format-autoloads cmake-mode-autoloads company-box-autoloads
company-php-autoloads company-autoloads ac-php-core-autoloads
counsel-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads deadgrep-autoloads
dtrt-indent-autoloads f-autoloads flycheck-eglot-autoloads
flycheck-autoloads frame-local-autoloads rx leuven-theme-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
nerd-icons-completion-autoloads nerd-icons-dired-autoloads
nerd-icons-ivy-rich-autoloads nerd-icons-autoloads ivy-rich-autoloads
php-mode-autoloads popup-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads s-autoloads
swiper-autoloads ivy-autoloads transient-autoloads which-key-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads xcscope-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 293061 19152) (symbols 48 20858 0) (strings 32 89514 4261)
(string-bytes 1 2719570) (vectors 16 35404)
(vector-slots 8 691039 18205) (floats 8 442 8229)
(intervals 56 399 53) (buffers 984 11))