Subject: bug#65288: 30.0.50; Make Type: annotation optional in *Help* buffers

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 17:59:22 +0530

Can a user option be added to not show the "Type:" annotation in *Help*
buffers for certain functions?  An example is `char-after'

    char-after is a built-in function in ‘src/editfns.c’.

    (char-after &optional POS) Type: (function (&optional (or marker
    integer)) (or null (integer -2305843009213693952
    2305843009213693951)))

    Return character in current buffer at position POS.
    POS is an integer or a marker and defaults to point.
    If POS is out of range, the value is nil.

If not a user option, can it be moved after the docstring?

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 8, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw
 scroll bars) of 2023-08-10 built on astatine
Repository revision: 65f71ca9aaa1587284293e2e34a0e28ee6b42380
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101007
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-sound=alsa --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-json
 --without-xaw3d --without-gconf --without-libsystemd --without-cairo'
Configured features:
ACL DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XFT
XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB
Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: ta_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: ta_IN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  eros-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  vz/random-frame-background-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  use-hard-newlines: t
  tab-bar-history-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  isearch-fold-quotes-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  undelete-frame-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug cus-start loadhist ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok
nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda ox-html table ox-ascii
ox-publish ox timezone inspector latex-mode-expansions latex
latex-flymake tex-ispell tex-style tex crm shr-color org-pdftools
org-noter org-element org-persist avl-tree oc-basic help-at-pt calccomp
calc-aent calc-units calc-menu calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect
calc-macs flyspell ispell ecomplete ement-tabulated-room-list ement
ement-notify notifications ement-room dns ement-room-list ement-lib
ement-api ement-structs plz ement-macros taxy-magit-section
magit-section benchmark taxy svg-lib persist lacarte ffap misc tabify
man image-file image-converter find-dired rfc2104 tramp-cmds tramp-cache
time-stamp nnfolder pdf-sync pdf-annot facemenu pdf-outline pdf-links
the-org-mode-expansions ob-gnuplot ob-fortran ob-python
python-el-fgallina-expansions python compat compat-macs ob-C ob-shell
ob-racket async ob-async cdlatex texmathp org-attach org-id org-refile
ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview
doc-view ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org-tempo
ol-man org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs
pdf-history icomplete autoload loaddefs-gen dabbrev log-edit add-log
term/xterm xterm goto-addr pixel-scroll cua-base edebug thai-util
thai-word cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs apropos glyphless-mode
frameset typo inline mule-util expand-region text-mode-expansions
er-basic-expansions expand-region-core expand-region-custom avy
smerge-mode reveal image-crop descr-text cl-print view mines cookie1
gamegrid url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth eww url-queue mm-url
dired-aux gnus-dired shell-command+ face-remap sort gnus-cite flow-fill
mm-archive mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize
uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml shortdoc
comp comp-cstr help-fns radix-tree etags fileloop generator imenu-xref
xref pulse color misearch multi-isearch sh-script smie treesit
network-stream nsm nndraft nnmh nndoc nnmaildir nnagent nnml executable
nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7
nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr noutline outline bug-reference cursor-sensor recentf
tree-widget vc-backup log-view pcvs-util vc diff vc-git diff-mode
vc-dispatcher server paredit edmacro kmacro eros checkdoc lisp-mnt
flymake-proc flymake project warnings thingatpt wordel-autoloads
mines-autoloads sokoban-autoloads ement-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads
taxy-magit-section-autoloads magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads
taxy-autoloads persist-autoloads plz-autoloads nov-autoloads
esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads transmission-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads nix-mode-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads
go-mode-autoloads racket-mode-autoloads eros-autoloads
writegood-mode-autoloads siege-mode-autoloads paredit-autoloads
puni-autoloads expand-region-autoloads filladapt-autoloads compose
scroll-other-window org-pdftools-autoloads org-noter-autoloads
change-env-autoloads math-delimiters-autoloads doct-autoloads
ob-async-autoloads async-autoloads emacs-ob-racket-autoloads
valign-autoloads cdlatex-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site tempo
pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist advice
tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch
let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
url-vars compile cus-edit wid-edit pdf-view jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info
tq pdf-util pdf-macs image-mode dired-x dired dired-loaddefs exif
pdf-tools-autoloads tablist-autoloads typo-autoloads mb-depth repeat
visual-fill-autoloads olivetti-autoloads time battery filenotify dom
tamil99 quail disp-table lacarte-autoloads shell-command-plus-autoloads
icons delsel easy-mmode xt-mouse cus-load avy-autoloads skeleton
icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
dired-du-autoloads finder-inf filecache imenu-xref-autoloads ert ewoc
debug backtrace find-func dbus xml derived chemtable-autoloads
molar-mass-autoloads vc-backup-autoloads compat-autoloads
saveplace-pdf-view saveplace tramp-sh tramp trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc
ring parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec auth-source eieio
eieio-core password-cache json map byte-opt ansi-color tramp-loaddefs
bookmark text-property-search pp saveplace-pdf-view-autoloads rx pcase
inspector-autoloads xr-autoloads straight-autoloads cl-seq info cl-extra
help-mode straight subr-x cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp
byte-compile vz-nh-theme vz-options-theme rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2728565 884766) (symbols 48 77192 95)
 (strings 32 443854 32678) (string-bytes 1 113465762)
 (vectors 16 143481) (vector-slots 8 3049323 340206)
 (floats 8 43289 13247) (intervals 56 309245 5927) (buffers 984 140))