Subject: Re: bug#65286: 30.0.50; package-install-file for built-in package

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 14:02:48 +0000

Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Also, keeping elpa directory around between the tests triggers various failures.
>
> Are you sure that this is not an issue related to org-mode?

It might be. But the difference between package-install-file w/without
built-in Org loaded is unlikely Org's fault in any case.

> Could you create a minimal working example to reproduce this issue, by
> removing as much as possible from the repository while retaining the
> issue, and then send us a tarball with the remaining files?

Sorry, but the issue is triggered by interaction between built-in and
non-built-in Org. I have no idea if it is possible at all to create more
minimal reproducer.

To be clear, I have no clue at all what is going on. I made some
relatively innocent changes in Org that added a couple of provide
statements. I could see things breaking completely, but not __only__
when built-in Org is loaded. So, any attempt to reduce the reproducer
steps will be me trying random things - not very productive unless you
absolutely cannot use the reproducer I provided.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>