Subject: bug#65283: closed (Re: bug#65283: 29.1; package-vc-install fails to install package "ement" because some dependencies installed by it are omitted from load-path)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 09:45:02 +0000

Your bug report

#65283: 29.1; package-vc-install fails to install package "ement" because some dependencies installed by it are omitted from load-path

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65283: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65283
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65283: 29.1; package-vc-install fails to install package "ement" because some dependencies installed by it are omitted from load-path
From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
To: Adam Porter <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 09:44:48 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Adam Porter <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Philip,
>
> On 8/15/23 16:52, Philip Kaludercic wrote:
>
>>> So there appears to be a bug somewhere in the package-vc library.
>> With a slight modification of `package-vc-install-dependencies', we
>> can
>> see in which order the dependencies are installed:
>> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>> (package-vc-install-dependencies (package-desc-reqs (cadr (assoc 'ement package-archive-contents))))
>> ;=> (:to-install (svg-lib persist plz taxy taxy-magit-section) :missing nil)
>> ;                ^ mapc runs over this
>> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>> This made me suspect that there might be a bug in that function, and
>> with these changes, the above command works 
>
> Great.
>
>> (I can't test it because my matrix account AFAIK isn't supported by
>> Ement):
> This is a bit off-topic, but would you please explain what you mean
> (via private email would be fine)?  AFAIK Ement.el should support any
> Matrix account on any homeserver.  If you've encountered a bug trying
> to use it, I'd like to fix it.
>
>> It boils down to a lack-of-type-safety kind of bug.  It was comparing
>> 'package-name with (package-name . "version string"), that always ends
>> up being nil.
>
> I've encountered similar issues when dealing with package.el
> functions. The inconsistent use of types can be challenging to work
> with.
>
>> Not sure about the change to `dependent-order', I'll have to think about
>> that in more detail tomorrow.  Perhaps there is an all-together shorter
>> patch?
>
> It seems like a reasonable patch to me.

I have pushed the above patch and will close this report.

> Is there any chance of getting this fix to Emacs 29 users, either via
> a 29.2 release or by putting a new version of package-vc on GNU ELPA?
> It would be a shame for this great new feature to be unusable (or
> unreliable) until Emacs 30 is released.

See https://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2023-08/msg00667.html.

> Thanks for your work,
> Adam

Subject: 29.1; package-vc-install fails to install package "ement" because some dependencies installed by it are omitted from load-path
From: Adam Porter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 02:14:04 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Wanting to test whether package-vc-install in Emacs 29.1 is now a
suitable replacement for Quelpa for installing my Ement.el package from
git, I started an instance of Emacs 29.1 in a clean configuration and
evaluated:

   (package-vc-install "https://github.com/alphapapa/ement.el")

It seemed to proceed, installing Ement's dependencies, but when it began
to compile Ement itself, it gave errors about not being able to find one
of the dependencies, taxy-magit-section:

     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-api.el at Mon 
Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-directory.el at 
Mon Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     ement-directory.el:32:2: Error: Eager macro-expansion failure: 
(file-missing "Cannot open load file" "No such file or directory" 
"taxy-magit-section")
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-lib.el at Mon 
Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     ement-lib.el:30:2: Error: Cannot open load file: No such file or 
directory, taxy-magit-section
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-macros.el at 
Mon Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-notify.el at 
Mon Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     ement-notify.el:33:2: Error: Eager macro-expansion failure: 
(file-missing "Cannot open load file" "No such file or directory" 
"taxy-magit-section")
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-room-list.el at 
Mon Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     ement-room-list.el:34:2: Error: Cannot open load file: No such file 
or directory, taxy-magit-section
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-room.el at Mon 
Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     ement-room.el:54:2: Error: Eager macro-expansion failure: 
(file-missing "Cannot open load file" "No such file or directory" 
"taxy-magit-section")
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-structs.el at 
Mon Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     
     Compiling file 
/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-tabulated-room-list.el at Mon Aug 
14 01:56:31 2023
     ement-tabulated-room-list.el:48:2: Error: Eager macro-expansion 
failure: (file-missing "Cannot open load file" "No such file or 
directory" "taxy-magit-section")
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement.el at Mon Aug 
14 01:56:31 2023
     ement.el:61:2: Error: Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-missing 
"Cannot open load file" "No such file or directory" "taxy-magit-section")
     Leaving directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/’
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/tests/ement-tests.el 
at Mon Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     Entering directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/tests/’
     ement-tests.el:29:2: Error: Eager macro-expansion failure: 
(file-missing
     "Cannot open load file" "No such file or directory"
     "taxy-magit-section")

Pressing "C-h P taxy-magit-section RET" shows:

     Package taxy-magit-section is dependency.

          Status: Installed in ‘taxy-magit-section-0.12.2/’.
         Version: 0.12.2
          Commit: 594531569c03206cbc83b74d679ffd0e93edb4d0

But, while other dependency packages have been added to the load-path,
taxy-magit-section has not:

     load-path is a variable defined in ‘C source code’.

     Its value is
     ("/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement"
     "/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/magit-section-20230805.1908"
     "/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/dash-20230714.723"
     "/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/compat-29.1.4.2"
     "/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/taxy-0.10.1"
     "/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/plz-0.7"
     "/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/persist-0.5"
     "/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/svg-lib-0.2.7"
     "/home/me/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/vc"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/use-package"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/url"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/textmodes"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/progmodes"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/play"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/org"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/nxml"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/net"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/mh-e"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/mail"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/leim"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/language"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/international"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/image"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/gnus"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/eshell"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/erc"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/emulation"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/emacs-lisp"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/cedet"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/calendar"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/calc"
 
"/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp/obsolete")

I've no explanation for why it would be omitted wile other dependencies 
installed by the same command were added correctly.

My only guess is that it could be that package-vc is not correctly 
handling the fact that "taxy-magit-section" is maintained in the same 
git repository as "taxy", in a separate branch.  GNU ELPA handles this 
correctly, so it seems that package-vc should as well.

Following is the full output from the "*Compile-Log*" buffer.

     Leaving directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/svg-lib-0.2.7’
     
     Compiling file 
/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/svg-lib-0.2.7/svg-lib-demo.el at Mon Aug 14 
01:56:25 2023
     Entering directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/svg-lib-0.2.7/’
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/svg-lib-0.2.7/svg-lib.el at 
Mon Aug 14 01:56:25 2023

     In svg-lib-style:
     svg-lib.el:227:34: Warning: Unused lexical variable `value'

     In svg-lib-progress-pie:
     svg-lib.el:373:49: Warning: ‘pi’ is an obsolete variable (as of 
23.3); use
         ‘float-pi’ instead.
     svg-lib.el:381:34: Warning: ‘pi’ is an obsolete variable (as of 
23.3); use
         ‘float-pi’ instead.

     In svg-lib-date:
     svg-lib.el:650:11: Warning: Unused lexical variable `alignment'
     svg-lib.el:659:11: Warning: Unused lexical variable `font-weight'
     svg-lib.el:665:11: Warning: Unused lexical variable `ascent'
     svg-lib.el:666:11: Warning: Unused lexical variable `tag-char-width'
     svg-lib.el:667:11: Warning: Unused lexical variable `tag-char-height'
     
     Compiling internal form(s) at Mon Aug 14 01:56:25 2023
     Leaving directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/persist-0.5’
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/persist-0.5/persist.el at 
Mon Aug 14 01:56:25 2023
     Entering directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/persist-0.5/’
     Leaving directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/persist-0.5/’
     
     Compiling file 
/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/persist-0.5/test/persist-tests.el at Mon Aug 14 
01:56:25 2023
     Entering directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/persist-0.5/test/’
     persist-tests.el:18:7: Warning: ‘seq-contains’ is an obsolete 
function (as of
         27.1); use ‘seq-contains-p’ instead.
     
     Compiling internal form(s) at Mon Aug 14 01:56:26 2023
     Leaving directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/plz-0.7’
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/plz-0.7/plz.el at Mon Aug 
14 01:56:26 2023
     Entering directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/plz-0.7/’
     Leaving directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/plz-0.7/’
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/plz-0.7/tests/test-plz.el 
at Mon Aug 14 01:56:26 2023
     Entering directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/plz-0.7/tests/’
     
     Compiling internal form(s) at Mon Aug 14 01:56:27 2023
     Leaving directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/taxy-0.10.1’
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/taxy-0.10.1/taxy.el at Mon 
Aug 14 01:56:27 2023
     Entering directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/taxy-0.10.1/’

     In taxy-take-keyed:
     taxy.el:148:2: Warning: docstring has wrong usage of unescaped 
single quotes
         (use \= or different quoting)
     Leaving directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/taxy-0.10.1/’
     
     Compiling file 
/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/taxy-0.10.1/examples/bookmarky.el at Mon Aug 14 
01:56:28 2023
     Entering directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/taxy-0.10.1/examples/’
     bookmarky.el:34:2: Error: Cannot open load file: No such file or 
directory, taxy-magit-section
     
     Compiling file 
/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/taxy-0.10.1/examples/deffy.el at Mon Aug 14 
01:56:28 2023
     deffy.el:34:2: Error: Cannot open load file: No such file or 
directory, taxy-magit-section
     
     Compiling file 
/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/taxy-0.10.1/examples/diredy.el at Mon Aug 14 
01:56:28 2023
     diredy.el:32:2: Error: Cannot open load file: No such file or 
directory, taxy-magit-section
     
     Compiling file 
/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/taxy-0.10.1/examples/taxy-package-report.el at 
Mon Aug 14 01:56:28 2023
     taxy-package-report.el:31:2: Error: Cannot open load file: No such 
file or directory, taxy-magit-section
     
     Compiling internal form(s) at Mon Aug 14 01:56:29 2023
     Leaving directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/compat-29.1.4.2’
     
     Compiling file 
/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/compat-29.1.4.2/compat-25.el at Mon Aug 14 
01:56:29 2023
     Entering directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/compat-29.1.4.2/’
     
     Compiling file 
/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/compat-29.1.4.2/compat-26.el at Mon Aug 14 
01:56:29 2023
     
     Compiling file 
/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/compat-29.1.4.2/compat-27.el at Mon Aug 14 
01:56:29 2023
     
     Compiling file 
/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/compat-29.1.4.2/compat-28.el at Mon Aug 14 
01:56:29 2023
     
     Compiling file 
/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/compat-29.1.4.2/compat-29.el at Mon Aug 14 
01:56:29 2023
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/compat-29.1.4.2/compat.el 
at Mon Aug 14 01:56:29 2023
     
     Compiling internal form(s) at Mon Aug 14 01:56:30 2023
     Leaving directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/dash-20230714.723’
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/dash-20230714.723/dash.el 
at Mon Aug 14 01:56:30 2023
     Entering directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/dash-20230714.723/’
     
     Compiling internal form(s) at Mon Aug 14 01:56:30 2023
     Leaving directory 
‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/magit-section-20230805.1908’
     
     Compiling file 
/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/magit-section-20230805.1908/magit-section.el at 
Mon Aug 14 01:56:30 2023
     Entering directory 
‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/magit-section-20230805.1908/’
     
     Compiling internal form(s) at Mon Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-api.el at Mon 
Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-directory.el at 
Mon Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     ement-directory.el:32:2: Error: Eager macro-expansion failure: 
(file-missing "Cannot open load file" "No such file or directory" 
"taxy-magit-section")
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-lib.el at Mon 
Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     ement-lib.el:30:2: Error: Cannot open load file: No such file or 
directory, taxy-magit-section
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-macros.el at 
Mon Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-notify.el at 
Mon Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     ement-notify.el:33:2: Error: Eager macro-expansion failure: 
(file-missing "Cannot open load file" "No such file or directory" 
"taxy-magit-section")
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-room-list.el at 
Mon Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     ement-room-list.el:34:2: Error: Cannot open load file: No such file 
or directory, taxy-magit-section
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-room.el at Mon 
Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     ement-room.el:54:2: Error: Eager macro-expansion failure: 
(file-missing "Cannot open load file" "No such file or directory" 
"taxy-magit-section")
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-structs.el at 
Mon Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     
     Compiling file 
/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement-tabulated-room-list.el at Mon Aug 
14 01:56:31 2023
     ement-tabulated-room-list.el:48:2: Error: Eager macro-expansion 
failure: (file-missing "Cannot open load file" "No such file or 
directory" "taxy-magit-section")
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/ement.el at Mon Aug 
14 01:56:31 2023
     ement.el:61:2: Error: Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-missing 
"Cannot open load file" "No such file or directory" "taxy-magit-section")
     Leaving directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/’
     
     Compiling file /tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/tests/ement-tests.el 
at Mon Aug 14 01:56:31 2023
     Entering directory ‘/tmp/tmp.pHnRPcOV41/elpa/ement/tests/’
     ement-tests.el:29:2: Error: Eager macro-expansion failure: 
(file-missing "Cannot open load file" "No such file or directory" 
"taxy-magit-section")
     
     Compiling internal form(s) at Mon Aug 14 01:57:54 2023

Thanks for your work on Emacs.

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.37,
cairo version 1.16.0)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
  'configure
 
CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/rib9g2ig1xf3kclyl076w28parmncg4k-bash-minimal-5.1.16/bin/bash
 
SHELL=/gnu/store/rib9g2ig1xf3kclyl076w28parmncg4k-bash-minimal-5.1.16/bin/bash
  --prefix=/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1
  --enable-fast-install --with-modules --with-cairo
  --with-native-compilation --disable-build-details'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $EMACSLOADPATH: 
/home/me/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp:/gnu/store/c7vqk20kf6zw73klr8bacnh0gqahk5dd-emacs-29.1-29.1/share/emacs/29.1/lisp
   value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug cl-print help-fns ement-api shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file notifications dbus dns ement-structs
ement-macros magit-section ement-autoloads benchmark format-spec dash
cursor-sensor compat magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads ert-x
compat-macs compat-autoloads project taxy bookmark taxy-autoloads plz
let-alist pcase info plz-autoloads ert ewoc debug backtrace find-func
persist persist-autoloads svg-lib color svg dom xml compile comint
ansi-osc ansi-color ring svg-lib-autoloads loaddefs-gen radix-tree
tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode package-vc vc
vc-dispatcher cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load wid-edit lisp-mnt thingatpt
comp comp-cstr warnings icons rx cl-extra help-mode mm-archive message
sendmail yank-media dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived
gnus-util text-property-search time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls network-stream url-cache
url-http url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr url-gw nsm puny epg rfc6068 epg-config finder-inf package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 453507 71437)
  (symbols 48 22692 0)
  (strings 32 131134 6661)
  (string-bytes 1 3346760)
  (vectors 16 40012)
  (vector-slots 8 719314 30377)
  (floats 8 305 79)
  (intervals 56 839 0)
  (buffers 976 24))