Subject: bug#65282: closed (Re: bug#65282: guix-1.3 on Ubuntu-22.04 is broken because of outdated datefudge.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 20:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#65282: guix-1.3 on Ubuntu-22.04 is broken because of outdated datefudge.

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65282: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65282
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65282: guix-1.3 on Ubuntu-22.04 is broken because of outdated datefudge.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Dmitry Nikolaev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 16:02:33 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

宋文武 <[email-masked]> writes:

> Dmitry Nikolaev <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The problem with guix-1.3 on Ubuntu-22.04 is not with datefudge. The
>> problem is ci.guix.gnu.org connectivity from Russia.
>
> Hello, you could try follow substitute mirrors if ci doesn't works:
>
> ci mirror:       https://mirror.sjtu.edu.cn/guix/
> bordeaux:        https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org
> bordeaux mirror: https://bordeaux-singapore-mirror.cbaines.net
> bordeaux mirror: https://bordeaux-us-east-mirror.cbaines.net
>
> Hope this could be useful, thanks!

That's been reported before (lack of connectivity from Russia); the best
current solution is to remove https://ci.guix.gnu.org from your
substitute servers and use one of the above alternatives.

Also, is there a reason to use Guix 1.3?  Guix 1.4 has long been
released.

Closing; thank you for the report.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim

Subject: guix-1.3 on Ubuntu-22.04 is broken because of outdated datefudge.
From: Dmitry Nikolaev <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 08:28:41 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello.

I recently tried to install guix on Ubuntu 22.04 from APT. Installation 
goes well, but 'guix pull' does not work. It tries to download 
datefudge-1.23, but fails.

Starting download of 
/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz
>From 
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz...
download failed 
"http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz" 
404 "Not Found"

Starting download of 
/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz
>From 
http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz...
download failed 
"http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz" 
404 "Not Found"

Starting download of 
/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz
>From 
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz...
download failed 
"http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz" 
404 "Not Found"

Starting download of 
/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz
>From 
http://archive.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz...
download failed 
"http://archive.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz" 
404 "Not Found"

Starting download of 
/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz
>From 
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/file/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz/sha256/0ifnlb0mc8qc2kb5042pbz0ns6rwcb7201di8wyrsphl0yhnhxiv...
Throw to key gnutls-error' with args (#<gnutls-error-enum Error in the 
pull function.> handshake)'.

Starting download of 
/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz
>From 
https://tarballs.nixos.org/sha256/0ifnlb0mc8qc2kb5042pbz0ns6rwcb7201di8wyrsphl0yhnhxiv...
download failed 
"https://tarballs.nixos.org/sha256/0ifnlb0mc8qc2kb5042pbz0ns6rwcb7201di8wyrsphl0yhnhxiv" 
404 "Not Found"

Starting download of 
/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz
>From 
https://archive.softwareheritage.org/api/1/content/sha256:3b7668a107145e9d3d47b10520ce623c1b6dc15f571050d6140c2356c1a2d645/raw/...
download failed 
"https://archive.softwareheritage.org/api/1/content/sha256:3b7668a107145e9d3d47b10520ce623c1b6dc15f571050d6140c2356c1a2d645/raw/" 
404 "Not Found"
failed to download 
"/gnu/store/g0ha1fd0x299w48hfgs2sa1sl1b6vlnq-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz" from 
"mirror://debian/pool/main/d/datefudge/datefudge_1.23.tar.xz"

As you can see, datefudge-1.23 is outdated. Even Debian oldstable is 
using datefudge-1.24. My last hope was to download it from 
ci.guix.gnu.org, but I got gnutls-error.

Looks like guix-1.3 is completely unusable on Ubuntu.

Dmitry Nikolaev