Subject: bug#6528: 24.0.50; `read-buffer' doc string

From: Christoph <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 21:03:30 -0600

The only other function in minibuf.c that has a REQUIRE-MATCH argument 
is completing-read (l.1722).

Since in read-buffer the function completing-read is called with the 
argument require-match (l.1237), I think the doc string should read like 
this:

"Optional third arg REQUIRE-MATCH determines whether non-existing
  buffer names are allowed.  It has the same meaning as the
  REQUIRE-MATCH argument of the `completing-read' function."

This patch will fix it accordingly:

=== modified file 'src/minibuf.c'
--- src/minibuf.c	2010-06-08 19:42:10 +0000
+++ src/minibuf.c	2010-06-29 02:59:05 +0000
@@ -1184,7 +1184,7 @@
   If DEF is a list of default values, return its first element.
  Optional third arg REQUIRE-MATCH determines whether non-existing
   buffer names are allowed.  It has the same meaning as the
- REQUIRE-MATCH argument of `confirm-after-completion'.
+ REQUIRE-MATCH argument of the `completing-read' function.
  The argument PROMPT should be a string ending with a colon and a space.
  If `read-buffer-completion-ignore-case' is non-nil, completion ignores
  case while reading the buffer name.

Christoph