Subject: Re: bug#6526: 24.0.50; Font X resouce is ignored

From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 15:38:40 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'll improve the documentation.

Thank you.  The new ones are much better.

> It is the same old startup problem.  For the first frame we don't know if 
> font-use-system-font is set as .emacs has not been read when the code above is 
> run.  So we suggest the system font anyway, it is as good a suggestion as any 
> other font.  Better in fact, we can be sure that font exists and is probably 
> familiar to the user if gedit or gnome-terminal has been used.

I see.

> It was needed at some point, but I think that is not the case anymore.  I'll 
> check.  font-use-system-font controls if Emacs changes its fonts on the fly 
> when the system font is changed.

I confirmed that now font-get-*-font works even if
font-use-system-font is nil, thank you.

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]