Subject: bug#65245: Possible code removal in eshell/diff (em-unix.el)

From: Amin Bandali <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 00:33:15 -0400

Hi Stefan, all,

Stefan Kangas writes:

> [Copying in Amin Bandali.]
>
> Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> According to admin/MAINTAINERS, Amin Bandali is the official eshell
>> maintainer. Could we please fix this?
>
> Perhaps that should also be moved "Maintainer:" headers in
> eshell/*.el.  It would presumably make the information easier to find
> for hapless developers.

Regarding eshell, I never assumed its maintenance; rather, I'd added
myself to the second section of admin/MAINTAINERS, indicating that I'd
be willing to try maintaining it if no one else does.  But it appears
that things changed recently, with Jim stepping up to maintain it per
046b5eb90d2a (thanks Jim!).

> BTW, I see some conflicting information for ERC in admin/maintainers
> and lisp/erc.el.  The former lists Kelvin White, while the latter
> lists Amin Bandali and F. Jason Park.
>

Regarding ERC, lisp/erc/erc.el is the current and correct one:
F. Jason Park (J.P.) and I are its co-maintainers.  As far as I can
tell, neither Kelvin White nor Vibhav Pant have made any commits to
lisp/erc/ in years.

Thanks,
-a