Subject: Re: bug#65245: Possible code removal in eshell/diff (em-unix.el)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 16:33:30 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 15:18:29 +0200
> 
> Richard Hopkins <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I think the use of `compilation-finish-functions' and
> > #'current-window-configuration can be removed from #'eshell/diff
> > as it's no longer called and the intended functionality is achieved
> > elsewhere.
> 
> I think your analysis is correct and it holds up in my testing.  I
> have therefore removed that part on master along with associated
> cleanups.

It would have been prudent to wait for the Eshell maintainer to chime
in, before rushing with the removal.  The suggestion for removal was
posted just one day ago, and that is not long enough to assume the
maintainer is not available.

Jim, any comments on this matter?