Subject: [PATCH] Fix building of VC package manuals with relative org links/includes

From: Joseph Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 01:43:35 -0700

Hello,

This patch allows for relative includes and link in org files compiled
to texinfo.

Unfortunately, I missed this back in May
(commit 1e6a7594 ), when we fixed relative texi @include links.

I'm not sure how the Emacs release cycle works. Would it be possible to
include this fix in 29.2?

Best,

Joseph

>From e951b0ea4ffa90202ecee934eddd895b706c6794 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Joseph Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 01:40:07 -0700
Subject: [PATCH] Fix building of VC package manuals with relative org
 links/includes

* lisp/emacs-lisp/package-vc.el (package-vc--build-documentation):
Ensure that default-default is the docs-directory around
org-export-to-file to ensure that links to relative files work correctly.
---
 lisp/emacs-lisp/package-vc.el | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/emacs-lisp/package-vc.el b/lisp/emacs-lisp/package-vc.el
index b4c911015b5..ffc7afeb2ee 100644
--- a/lisp/emacs-lisp/package-vc.el
+++ b/lisp/emacs-lisp/package-vc.el
@@ -356,7 +356,8 @@ otherwise it's assumed to be an Info file."
       (with-temp-buffer
         (insert-file-contents file)
         (setq file (make-temp-file "ox-texinfo-"))
-        (org-export-to-file 'texinfo file)
+        (let ((default-directory docs-directory))
+          (org-export-to-file 'texinfo file))
         (setq clean-up t)))
     (with-current-buffer (get-buffer-create " *package-vc doc*")
       (erase-buffer)
-- 
2.41.0