Subject: bug#65240: closed (Re: bug#65240: pdfarranger can't be installed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 04:18:09 +0000

Your bug report

#65240: pdfarranger can't be installed

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65240: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65240
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65240: pdfarranger can't be installed
From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
To: Christophe Pisteur <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 23:16:36 -0500 (EST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Sat, 12 Aug 2023, Christophe Pisteur wrote:

> pdfarranger can't be installed

Christophe,

Sorry you didn't get a response to your report. It's still appreciated. 
The good news is that pdfarranger now builds and can be installed! While I 
can't be sure if it was your issue, it could be that the recent fix for 
the python-pikepdf dependency was what did it.

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66920

Best,
Jack

Subject: pdfarranger can't be installed
From: Christophe Pisteur <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 05:49:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

pdfarranger can't be installed

## Steps to reproduce

The following steps assume you are using Guix System with GNOME
desktop.

$ guix package -i pdfarranger

## Expected result

pdfarranger can be installed

## Unexpected result

pdfarranger can't be installed

$ guix package -i pdfarranger
Le paquet suivant sera installé :
pdfarranger 1.9.2
substitute: mise à jour des substituts depuis
« https://ci.guix.gnu.org »... 100.0 %
substitute: mise à jour des substituts depuis
« https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org »... 100.0 %
La dérivation suivante sera compilée :
/gnu/store/zmm6wgj12ap7qjqmjw0ji1xpmr27wa4m-pdfarranger-1.9.2.drv
construction de /gnu/store/zmm6wgj12ap7qjqmjw0ji1xpmr27wa4m-
pdfarranger-1.9.2.drv...
| phase « sanity-check »builder for
`/gnu/store/zmm6wgj12ap7qjqmjw0ji1xpmr27wa4m-pdfarranger-1.9.2.drv'
failed with exit code 1
la compilation de /gnu/store/zmm6wgj12ap7qjqmjw0ji1xpmr27wa4m-
pdfarranger-1.9.2.drv a échoué
Vous trouverez le journal de compilation dans «
/var/log/guix/drvs/zm/m6wgj12ap7qjqmjw0ji1xpmr27wa4m-pdfarranger-
1.9.2.drv.gz ».
guix package: erreur : build of
`/gnu/store/zmm6wgj12ap7qjqmjw0ji1xpmr27wa4m-pdfarranger-1.9.2.drv'
failed

full log in attachment

## System information

GNOME 42.4
Guix system 64 bit / X11
guix 4547bc6
URL du dépôt : https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
branche : master
commit : 4547bc6fa3142dca77f7fc912368aeff31bd6e53