Subject: bug#65236: package/inherit records lack location for version field

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 21:27:59 -0400

Hello Guix,

In the current code base, if you do:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(use-modules (guix package)
             (gnu packages qt))

(package-field-location qtbase 'version)

=> #f
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It returns #f.  This means 'guix refresh -u base' fails like:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
qtbase: updating from version 6.3.2 to version 6.5.2...
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Now, package/inherit is bogus here, but the problems remains for other
packages, such as zxing-cpp-1.2.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim