Subject: Re: bug#6522

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:41:16 -0400

[ Resent from
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-07/msg00483.html ]

Deniz Dogan wrote:

> This e-mail is about this bug report:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6522
>
> For some reason I don't understand it has been tagged as "wontfix".
> Why is this? I can't find anything in the logs about it and no message
> explaining why.

Sorry, sometimes I cheat and operate directly on the database.

Here's the associated mail I was going to send, but never got round to:

    I don't think this change is appropriate. Describing it as a character
    is factually correct (C-h v help-char, not sure if customizing it
    actually works though...), describing it as a key is factually
    incorrect.

    I doubt it really matters to anyone anyway, so why not stick with what
    is correct.