Subject: bug#65191: 29.1; -ms and -cr CL options don't work

From: Peter Mao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 22:43:23 -0700

On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 10:23 PM Po Lu <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Peter Mao <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 7:54 AM Peter Mao <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> >  On Thu, Aug 10, 2023 at 12:21 AM Po Lu <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> >  If you type:
> >
> >    M-x list-colors-display RET
> >
> >  does `green' appear in the resulting list?
> >
> >  I'll check when I get home tonight, but given that (set-cursor-color
> >  "green") works, doesn't that indicate that the color is available?
> >
> > green, red, cyan and 545 others...
>
> What if you build Emacs without Cairo?  Does the problem subside then?
>

Yes, that fixes the -cr issue!

> Also, what is printed when you run:
>
>   xrdb -query
>
> $ xrdb -query
*customization: -color
xscreensaver.Dialog.Button.background: #444
xscreensaver.Dialog.Button.foreground: #EDEDFF
xscreensaver.Dialog.background: #202020
xscreensaver.Dialog.bodyFont: -*-dina-medium-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
xscreensaver.Dialog.borderWidth: 0
xscreensaver.Dialog.bottomShadowColor: #202024
xscreensaver.Dialog.buttonFont: -*-dina-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
xscreensaver.Dialog.dateFont: -*-dina-medium-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
xscreensaver.Dialog.foreground: #EDEDED
xscreensaver.Dialog.headingFont: -*-dina-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
xscreensaver.Dialog.internalBorderWidth: 24
xscreensaver.Dialog.labelFont: -*-dina-medium-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
xscreensaver.Dialog.shadowThickness: 2
xscreensaver.Dialog.text.background: #444
xscreensaver.Dialog.text.foreground: #EDEDFF
xscreensaver.Dialog.topShadowColor: #202024
xscreensaver.Dialog.unameFont: -*-dina-medium-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
xscreensaver.dateFormat: %I:%M%P %a %b %d, %Y
xscreensaver.passwd.passwdFont: -*-dina-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
xscreensaver.passwd.thermometer.background: #202020
xscreensaver.passwd.thermometer.foreground: #A9B7C4
xscreensaver.passwd.thermometer.width: 8
Xft.hintstyle: hintnone
Xft.rgba: none
Xcursor.theme:
Xcursor.size: 0
Xcursor.theme_core: