Subject: Re: bug#65188: 29.1; WEBP image not displayed

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 12:25:16 +0300

> From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 03:04:45 -0500
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> I played with ProcessExplorer a little bit more, this time exporting
> the list of DLLs for emacs-29.1.exe instead of the search/filter
> approach looking specifically for libwebp-7.  Here I can see two webp
> related DLLs (but I'm fairly sure we only include one of them).  The
> one I didn't expect to find (libwebpdemux) is found from install of
> MSYS, and seems to be about container parsing.
> 
> libwebpdemux-2.dll C:\msys2\mingw64\bin\libwebpdemux-2.dll
> libwebp-7.dll H:\packaging-test\emacs-29.1_1\bin\libwebp-7.dll
> 
> Problem, yes?   Packaging problem only?

You are saying that the "dependencies" zip lacks libwebpdemux-2.dll?
If so, then yes, it's a packaging problem, since Emacs needs to load
that DLL to support WebP images.

> I'm sorry, I wasn't aware I needed this.  I'm happy to start on
> updating the deps/deps-sources and making a new set of binaries "this
> should have been included" is the correct surmise.

OK, TIA.