Subject: bug#65183: 29.1; Child frame moving and resizing problems

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 12:00:32 +0200

> It seems that variables `x-gtk-resize-child-frames' and
 > `x-gtk-use-window-move' do not help with this.

As expected.

 > I am using KDE with KWin (X11) version 5.27.7. I don't know where there is
 > any known issue on this platform.

AFAICT KDE does not have any such problems.

 >>From another perspective, is there a way to perform resize and move at the
 > same time?

We could try gdk_window_move_resize but we'd have to (1) investigate
whether it works well for child frames and (2) what to do on non-GTK
platforms.

 > (I mean, could the two steps be executed within a single redisplay cycle,
 > so that users would not see the intermediate changes?)
 > If these two steps are not done separately, the execution order would not
 > matter.
 > As I wrote in my first email, I can see the child frame being moved and
 > then resized
 > on my computer, even though the two steps happen very quickly.

What happens when you change 'x-wait-for-event-timeout' to zero?

martin