Subject: [bug#65152] [PATCH] services: Modify cgit-configuration fields

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 19:22:18 +0200

Hi,

Thomas Albers <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/services/cgit.scm (cgit-configuration)[root-readme]: Accept
> 'file-object' instead of only 'string'

[...]

>    (root-readme
> -   (string "")
> +   (file-object "")
>     "The content of the file specified with this option will be included
>  verbatim below the \"about\" link on the repository index page.")

I think it’s a good idea but (1) we should preserve backward
compatibility for users passing a string (file contents), and (2) update
the docstrings and its copy in the manual.

Could you send a second version to address these?  Let me know if
anything’s unclear.

Thanks,
Ludo’.