Subject: Re: bug#65142: 30.0.50; configure --without-all does not disable some features

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2023 15:13:59 +0300

> From: Ulrich Müller <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2023 09:54:20 +0200
> 
> Ever since --with-json was changed from using OPTION_DEFAULT_ON to
> OPTION_DEFAULT_IFAVAILABLE (commit 43091e6c5069), option --without-all
> will no longer disable it. The same applies to --with-tree-sitter.
> 
> $ ./configure --without-all
> [...]
>   Does Emacs use -ljansson?                               yes
>   Does Emacs use -ltree-sitter?                           yes
> [...]
> 
> The following patch should fix the problem:

Thanks, but the proposed patch affects any option that is by default
"ifavailable", doesn't it?  If so, the patch is probably good for
master, but for the emacs-29 branch I'd prefer a safer change which
only affects the above two options.  Is that possible?