Subject: Re: bug#65130: Request for merging "elogind-updates" branch

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 17:11:14 +0300

On Sun, Aug 13, 2023 at 01:41:10PM +0800, 宋文武 wrote:
> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think this branch is ready to go.  I've tested a Guix System using it
> > on a x200 and it behaves correctly.
> 
> Hello, we currently have 3 request for merging (rust-team,
> elogind-updates, kde-updates) now, should we do the merge in order by:
> 
> 1. merge master into rust-team (if needed), wait it build, merge
>    rust-team into master.
> 2. merge master into elogind-updates, then wait it build on CI, merge
>    elogind-updates into master.
> 3. merge master into kde-updates, then wait it build on CI, merge
>    kde-updates into master.
>    
> Or merge both rust-team, elogind-updates and master into kde-updates,
> and merge it once into master?  Give changes in those 3 are isolated but
> require rebuilding a lot, I think to merge them into master once can
> save a little work for us and CI.

For the rust-team branch we have ~7500 packages for x86_64 and aarch64
and almost 0 for the other architectures. IIRC there are no non- rust-*
packages touched in this round of the rust-team branch. Based on my own
previous testing I'm not expecting any breakages of packages based on
the branch.  I have no issue with merging the rust-team with one or more
other branches in order to decrease the sheer number of CI builds.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted