Subject: bug#65129: 30.0.50; pinch gestures suddenly stops being recognised

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2023 17:47:17 +0800

Visuwesh <[email-masked]> writes:

> I see nothing being printed once pinch gestures stop being recognised.
> I see XI_GesturePinchBegin: 1 a whole bunch of times when they still
> work though.
> I confirmed that it is printed once again by opening a new frame and
> trying the gesture there once it ceased recognised in the original
> frame.

Yes, thanks.

> P.S., to confirm that I did apply the patch correctly, this is under
> "case XI_GesturePinchUpdate:" under handle_one_xevent function right?
> When I tried C-c C-a from a diff buffer, I got prompted
>
>     Try to auto-fix whitespace loss? (y or n)
>
> (to which I said yes) so I am not so confident that the patch applied
> correctly.

Does gesture recognition cease immediately subsequent to displaying a
toolkit menu?

Thanks.