Subject: [bug#65126] [PATCH] gnu: exiv2: Get rid of reference to GCC.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 19:27:57 +0100

宋文武 <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Well, wait for <https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/65126> to be done.
>
> Hello, I think CI is stucking here.

I'm going to answer replacing CI with qa.guix.gnu.org, as I think that
makes the questions make more sense.

> On https://qa.guix.gnu.org/patches we get:
>   Builds for new patch series suspended as master branch substitute
>   availability is low for: i686-linux
> In this case should I first fix broken builds for i686-linux?

I think substitute availability is below 80% for i686-linux because the
bordeaux build farm is still catching up. There's a shepherd issue on
milano-guix-1, so that's reduced the resources available for
x86_64-linux and i686-linux builds.

QA waits until substitute availability is good before submitting builds
as that avoids submitting builds when they probably won't happen for a
while, given the bordeaux build farm will be busy with the master branch
builds instead.

Ideally more changes would be processed by QA and built fully before
being merged, so that substitutes are available when they're merged.

> Also will CI able to automatically rebase the patch upon latest master?
> If the patch was built with old base, it won't have substitutes after
> merge even it's green.

The qa-frontpage does automatically rebase patches, although there's
probably a lot of room for improvement to better detect when a patch
series could do with rebasing.