Subject: bug#65121: closed (Re: bug#65121: 30.0.50; Text ``icons'' in margins receive region face)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 13:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#65121: 30.0.50; Text ``icons'' in margins receive region face

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65121: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65121
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65121: 30.0.50; Text ``icons'' in margins receive region face
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 21:21:56 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> It does if you customize icon-preferences to use only 'text'.  The
> default icon on GUI frames is an SVG image, which defines its own
> background color, so the region-face background doesn't show.

Considering this, and that:

> Could be.  Patches welcome.

I just installed a fix for this, I'm closing this bug.  Thanks for
shedding light on this.

Subject: 30.0.50; Text ``icons'' in margins receive region face
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 16:55:53 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Open emacs -nw (or on MS-DOS, just emacs.exe); then, type:

 C-h n C-x h

observe that the text representing icons within the left margin is also
highlighted.  Now, move the mouse over a link on a line that contains
such an icon: the mouse face will be displayed one column to the left of
its proper location.