Subject: Documentation nits

From: Sevan Janiyan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 18:27:55 +0100

Hi there,
I setup Guix for the first time on an Armbian install today. I used the 
instruction in section 2 of the PDF to fetch the tar.xz archive and 
setup things manually.
There's 2 issues that I hit.
1) In step 5 of section 2.1, the documentation walks you through setting 
up systemd services. There is no guix-gc.timer in the archive that was 
downloaded, so this didn't work

cp ~root/.config/guix/current/lib/systemd/system/gnu-store.mount \
      ~root/.config/guix/current/lib/systemd/system/guix-daemon.service \
      /etc/systemd/system/

2) The generated PDF has backticks replaced with smart quotes, so in 
step 3 of section 2.1, instead of stating

GUIX_PROFILE="`echo ~root`/.config/guix/current" ; \
   source $GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile

It states:

GUIX_PROFILE="‘echo ~root‘/.config/guix/current" ; \
   source $GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile

Sevan