Subject: bug#65113: Emacs-29 and master csharp-mode with broken treesit

From: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 07:46:05 +0200

On 6 August 2023 17:36:47 CEST, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> From: J M <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 16:03:45 +0100
>> 
>> Treesit is broken for csharp-mode in the latest version in master and emacs-29 and therefore does not provide syntax highlighting. ￼
>> 
>> The latest grammar repository (https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-c-sharp) has removed the keyword void_keyword.
>> 
>> Please see attached the patch to resolve the issue.
>
>Thanks, but your patch will not work with the older version of the
>grammar library, right?  Is it possible to make a patch that will work
>with both?  Wed cannot rely on users having the latest grammar
>versions, so a backward-compatible change is much more preferable.

We've had some similar patches lately that you can use for inspiration.

Thanks,
Theo