Subject: bug#65112: 30.0.50; ede.el overrides `project-find-functions` in project.el

From: c4llv07e <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 12:43:52 +0300

As I understand it, this problem is related to project.el and ede.el.
Due to the fact that ede.el loads faster than project.el, it creates
`project-find-functions`, trying to add `project-try-ede` there.
After that, when project.el loads, it ignores the defvar with
`project-try-vc` in it, since the hook has already been created.
Because of this, projects with VC are not indexed.
As a temporary solution, I added `(require 'project)` at the beginning
of ede.el, which solved the problem.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.38, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-08-06 built on t420s
Repository revision: 0a6a25320eb671816087164b17e6ecb68632303c
Repository branch: master
System Description: Void Linux

Configured using:
'configure --with-tree_sitter --with-pgtk --prefix=/usr'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2
LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG SECCOMP SOUND
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LC_COLLATE: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
global-ede-mode: t
doom-modeline-mode: t
editorconfig-mode: t
override-global-mode: t
straight-use-package-mode: t
straight-package-neutering-mode: t
fido-vertical-mode: t
icomplete-vertical-mode: t
icomplete-mode: t
fido-mode: t
global-subword-mode: t
subword-mode: t
display-time-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-colview hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-attach hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-core hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-plantuml hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-macro hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ox hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ox
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-archive hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ol-info hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ol-info
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-calc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-version hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-version
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-haskell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-duration hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-duration
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-tempo hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-tempo
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ol-gnus hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ol-gnus
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-ref hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-latex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-maxima hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-python hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-js hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-crypt hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-tangle hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-table hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-table
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-lilypond hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ox-beamer hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-lint hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-lint
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ol-bibtex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ol-bibtex
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-keys hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-keys
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-julia hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-julia
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-element hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-element
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-groovy hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-groovy
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-footnote hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-ctags hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ol-irc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ol-irc
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ox-koma-letter hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ox-koma-letter
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ol-bbdb hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ol-bbdb
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ol-doi hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ol-doi
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-compat hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ox-odt hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-timer hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-plot hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ox-texinfo hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-capture hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-fortran hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ol-rmail hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ol-rmail
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-ocaml hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ol hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ol
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-clock hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-C hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-loaddefs hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ox-latex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-lua hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lua
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ox-icalendar hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-dot hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-makefile hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-list hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-list
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/oc-csl hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/oc-csl
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ol-docview hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ol-docview
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-datetree hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-org hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-processing hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-processing
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-R hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ox-org hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-pcomplete hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ox-md hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-forth hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-forth
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-awk hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-macs hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ox-publish hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-java hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-id hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-indent hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-mouse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ol-man hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ol-man
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-clojure hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-mobile hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-lob hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-emacs-lisp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-faces hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ol-mhe hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ol-mhe
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-comint hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-matlab hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-exp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-feed hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-gnuplot hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-scheme hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ol-eww hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ol-eww
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-css hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ox-ascii hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-goto hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-goto
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ol-eshell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ol-eshell
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-shell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-shell
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-habit hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-sass hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ox-html hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ol-w3m hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ol-w3m
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-src hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-ditaa hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-eval hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-table hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/oc-natbib hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/oc-natbib
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-perl hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-sql hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ox-man hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-screen hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-sqlite hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/oc-biblatex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/oc-biblatex
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-refile hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-refile
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-inlinetask hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-attach-git hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach-git
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-protocol hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-num hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-num
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-sed hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sed
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-agenda hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-octave hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/oc-basic hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/oc-basic
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-eshell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eshell
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-ruby hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/oc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/oc
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/ob-lisp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/igor/.local/config/emacs/straight/build/org/org-entities hides 
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils pulse
color rainbow-delimiters ede/speedbar ede/files ede project ede/detect
ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-base eieio-speedbar speedbar ezimage
dframe eieio-custom wid-edit cedet align glsl-mode glsl-mode-autoloads
treesit tree-sitter-langs tree-sitter-langs-build tar-mode arc-mode
archive-mode url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core password-cache json url-vars mailcap pp
tree-sitter-hl tree-sitter tree-sitter-load tree-sitter-cli map tsc
tsc-dyn tsc-dyn-get compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs tsc-obsolete
tree-sitter-langs-autoloads tree-sitter-autoloads tsc-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments
doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path rx f f-shortdoc s dash
nerd-icons nerd-icons-faces nerd-icons-data nerd-icons-data-mdicon
nerd-icons-data-flicon nerd-icons-data-codicon nerd-icons-data-devicon
nerd-icons-data-sucicon nerd-icons-data-wicon nerd-icons-data-faicon
nerd-icons-data-powerline nerd-icons-data-octicon
nerd-icons-data-pomicon nerd-icons-data-ipsicon compat
doom-modeline-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads f-autoloads s-autoloads
nerd-icons-autoloads org-roam-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
compat-autoloads emacsql-autoloads dash-autoloads warnings icons
editorconfig editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch pcase editorconfig-autoloads proof-general
proof-general-autoloads proof-site proof-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads finder-inf haskell-mode-autoloads info
rainbow-delimiters-autoloads edmacro kmacro byte-opt
use-package-bind-key use-package-core bind-key easy-mmode
straight-autoloads cl-seq cl-extra help-mode straight bytecomp
byte-compile icomplete cap-words superword subword time utf8 early-init
c4ll_theme modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes cl-macs gv subr-x
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 209276 37043) (symbols 48 17514 0) (strings 32 67090 2846)
(string-bytes 1 1873168) (vectors 16 30433) (vector-slots 8 814326 85810)
(floats 8 200 4586) (intervals 56 416 0) (buffers 984 12))