Subject: [bug#65097] [PATCH] gnu: Add tk-img.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 12:06:46 -0400

Hi!

cage <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> With this patch I tried to address all the issues that was pointed out
> (hope they are fine :)) except one:
>
>> One last thing, the source of tk-img carries many 'contrib' sources;
>> they should be removed in a snippet to ensure only Guix-provided system
>> libraries are used instead.
>
> Because I was not able to find out the contribs sources.

(assuming the source is a gzipped tarball)

If you './pre-inst-env guix build --source tk-img', then unpack it to
/tmp with 'tar xf /gnu/store...-cage.tar.gz -C /tmp', you should then be
able to look at what it contains, e.g.

find /tmp/cage-x.y.z/ -name '*contrib*'

> Also, for the record, the problem with  tests is not that the Tk (as I
> erroneously thought)  executable can not  be found but that,  for some
> reasons, the tcl script seems to fails to resolve Tk as dependency:
>
> $ tclsh
>
> % package require Tk → raise an error

Oh!  So it seems we have a bigger problem to resolve first :-)

Thanks for your investigations.

-- 
Maxim