Subject: Re: bug#65096: [PATCH 00/10] And OpenTURNS and some math libraries.

From: Vinicius Monego <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 20:11:12 -0300

Em 05/09/2023 11:25, Maxim Cournoyer escreveu:
> tags 65096 + moreinfo
> quit
> Hi,

Hi,

[...]

> There were some failures on non x86_64 systems, according to QA [0].
> Could you take a look and see if something can be fixed (sometimes
> patches can be taken from Debian or somewhere else, or an issue exists
> upstream, etc.)
>
> [0]  https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/65096
>
The failing packges are cminpack (on aarch64) and pagmo and 
python-numpoly (on 32-bit platforms).

cminpack builds on Debian arm64 (same as aarch64 on Guix) without 
special patches, so I don't know why the tests are failing in aarch64. 
They have a "skip failing tests" patch but it's skipping tests different 
from the ones failing here. The Debian package is based on a slightly 
older version (1.3.6 vs 1.3.8), though. It may have something to do with 
this issue: 
https://github.com/devernay/cminpack/issues/37#issuecomment-1407259802

pagmo only supports 64-bit x86, ARM and PowerPC: 
https://esa.github.io/pagmo2/install.html

python-numpoly is only available in Fedora and Alpine for 64-bit 
architectures. The test errors in the build logs are also dtype 
mismatches between int64 and int32.

My suggestion is to add supported-systems in pagmo and python-numpoly, 
and push cminpack as is (or maybe skip tests on aarch64 and powerpc64le?)

Vinicius