Subject: bug#65056: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/ cannot be accessed through Tor

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2023 21:21:33 +0200

Hi Altadil,

On 2023-08-04 18:57, Altadil via Bug reports for GNU Guix wrote:
> it is no longer possible to get to the bug database at
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/ when using Tor Browser.

I forgot to mention this on IRC, but issues. is ‘simply’ a nicer unified 
frontend to the venerable GNU Debbugs instance.  You can use its own[1] 
interface[2] as a work-around.

> The result is an error message saying: "The connection has timed out".
> It looks like a general block of Tor rather than a block of specific
> IPs, since attempting with different Tor circuits does not change the

The Guix project does not block Tor.  If the datacentre has decided to 
block Tor like it blocked most of Russia, there is little we can do but 
ask them to reconsider.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.

[1]: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=guix
[2]: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=guix-patches