Subject: Re: bug#65056: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/ cannot be accessed through Tor

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 08:27:32 +0200

Hello,

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> IT had installed some DoS attack protection thing for the DMZ with
> different thresholds based on past access patterns.

Probably some of us is using access patterns the "thing" considers
DoS :-)

> Upon my request they have now disabled this completely for our IPs
> corresponding to ci.guix.gnu.org and its sibling node.

Thanks a lot!  We should probably consider this (disable any firewall
protection) as a requirement when one or more of our public facing hosts
firewalling is not under our direct control.

Now we only have berlin and bayfront as public facing hosts... but for
example milan.guix-1 is connected by our build farm via its public IP
(ehrm, time to set up wireguard for that, too).

Anyway, AFAIU this "thing" in berlin network is no more an issue, we do
not need a new bug report IMO.

Thank you!

[...]

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures