Subject: Re: bug#65056: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/ cannot be accessed through Tor

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 23:31:18 +0200

Hi!

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> I confirm that I still get the problem right now from my home network,
>>> without even really trying: […]
>>
>> Is that through Tor or just your ISP?
>
> It’s just my ISP, no Tor involved.  I can share privately my home IP
> address if that helps investigate the problem; let me know.

Given that Altadil told that the service now can be accessed through Tor
again, can we close this specific bug now?

It would be good to have some feedback from the NOC, just to know /how/
it was resolved (or was just a temporary tech issue), for example that
they do not have a policy to blacklist Tor and whitelist it on demand
(I'm just guessing).

What Ludovic found, anyway, is another issue and we should investigate
if it is worth a new bug report.

I've tested now with the same
  wget -qO- --debug http://ci.guix.gnu.org | tail
and all seems fine from my ISP (now)

Anyway the DoS Attack protection of the network hosting ci.guix.gnu.org
/seems/ problematic: how could it be that home IP resposible of a DoS
attack?  Was it a false positive or was it some temporary problem from
the originating IP network?

We should carefully track this network issues since they have a great
impact on user experience.

Thanks! Gio'

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures