Subject: Re: bug#65056: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/ cannot be accessed through Tor

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 11:07:26 +0200

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 13 August 2023 00:25:51 UTC, "Ludovic Courtès" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>I think it’s worse than this.  I noticed that ci.guix.gnu.org (same
>>machine) would occasionally time out on my side, without Tor, starting
>>from this week (I was on vacation before, so I don’t know exactly when
>>it started).  From a browser, I get this “DoS attack” HTML page:
>
> Oh, wow.  This is new to me.
>
> It's frustrating that $IT keeps adding new significant hurdles with
> apparently 0 communications, and that our only option is often 'ask
> rekado, again, to ask things, again'.  That's not right.
>
> Ricardo, do you think there's a chance this trend will improve (without you burning out)?

I don’t know.  I’m on holidays now, but I’ve opened yet another ticket
to get a definitive answer to my more elaborate variant of “WTF?”.

> Otherwise, I'd like to suggest wireguarding berlin's impressive
> hardware resources to bayfront or to a new head node not hosted at the
> MDC, or something similarly provocative.  Just give up on hosting
> public services there, like we already migrated the home page.  This
> isn't meaningful redundancy.

Good plan.

Sorry about this.  It’s frustrating, and I’m stocking up on towels to
throw.

-- 
Ricardo