Subject: bug#65053: 30.0.50; Emacs falsely recommends removal of explicitly installed

From: Raoul Comninos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 09:05:11 +0200

> Did that fix this issue? It sounds like maybe your configuration is
> under version control and something got out of sync?

It's a bandage, but I don't think it resolves the issue or explains why it
happens.

No version control.

> I've also occasionally seen issues where if a package fails to install,
> it gets removed from 'package-select-packages', but I haven't been able
> to reproduce it. I think that's covered by bug#64995 though.

The issue in my case is unrelated to imcomplete installations.

On Sat, 5 Aug 2023 at 08:01, Jim Porter <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 8/4/2023 8:34 PM, Raoul Comninos wrote:
> > I have checked the variable and it was missing markdown-mode and
> > included a few packages I had removed. I have tweaked it, and removed
> > and reinstalled a few packages to align the variable with what is
> > installed in elpa in dot emacs. The problem occurs on multiple systems
> > in Linux and Windows.
>
> Did that fix this issue? It sounds like maybe your configuration is
> under version control and something got out of sync?
>
> I've also occasionally seen issues where if a package fails to install,
> it gets removed from 'package-select-packages', but I haven't been able
> to reproduce it. I think that's covered by bug#64995 though.
>