Subject: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Scroll-{up, down} does not update tracking info in image-dired

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2023 16:55:45 +0200

Hi,

Here is a patch that updates header tracking in image-dired when
scrolling up or down.
>From 48910a1c0f97387edafa8616537ff1538dca65f8 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 14:35:31 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Scroll up and down in image-dired

* lisp/image/image-dired.el (image-dired-scroll-up)
(image-dired-scroll-down): Scroll up and down command in
image-dired.
(image-dired-thumbnail-mode-map): Use them.
---
 lisp/image/image-dired.el | 18 ++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 18 insertions(+)

diff --git a/lisp/image/image-dired.el b/lisp/image/image-dired.el
index 33beb5b3e49..b514730d0d9 100644
--- a/lisp/image/image-dired.el
+++ b/lisp/image/image-dired.el
@@ -770,6 +770,22 @@ image-dired-move-end-of-line
   (interactive nil image-dired-thumbnail-mode)
   (image-dired--movement-command (pos-eol) 'reverse))
 
+(defun image-dired-scroll-up ()
+  "Scroll up the in thumbnail buffer."
+  (interactive nil image-dired-thumbnail-mode)
+  (scroll-up)
+  ;; "one line" dance to update tracking and header
+  (image-dired-next-line)
+  (image-dired-previous-line))
+
+(defun image-dired-scroll-down ()
+  "Scroll down the in thumbnail buffer."
+  (interactive nil image-dired-thumbnail-mode)
+  (scroll-down)
+  ;; "one line" dance to update tracking and header
+  (image-dired-previous-line)
+  (image-dired-next-line))
+
 
 ;;; Header line
 
@@ -980,6 +996,8 @@ image-dired-thumbnail-mode-map
   "<remap> <end-of-buffer>"          #'image-dired-end-of-buffer
   "<remap> <move-beginning-of-line>" #'image-dired-move-beginning-of-line
   "<remap> <move-end-of-line>"       #'image-dired-move-end-of-line
+  "<remap> <scroll-up-command>"      #'image-dired-scroll-up
+  "<remap> <scroll-down-command>"    #'image-dired-scroll-down
 
   :menu
   '("Image-Dired"
-- 
2.40.0

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.3, cairo version
 1.17.8) of 2023-08-04 built on computer
Repository revision: 60e5f212182ca2f41f89a4315075e38433bc8ac0
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101006
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.3 GENERIC.MP#1125 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --with-toolkit-scroll-bars=no --without-sound
 --without-compress-install CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.2.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow misearch multi-isearch sort gnus-cite mail-extr textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml gnus-topic mm-archive url-cache qp utf-7
imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh network-stream nnfolder nnml gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache nnrss emacsbug
magit-patch magit-extras face-remap magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull
magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence
magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch
magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff git-commit
log-edit add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode transient magit-git
magit-section magit-utils dash ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
image-file image-converter image-dired image-dired-tags
image-dired-external image-dired-util org-agenda mule-util on-screen
css-mode sgml-mode facemenu imenu vc org-indent pascal vc-hg conf-mode
view reveal texinfo texinfo-loaddefs smerge-mode diff emacs-news-mode
oc-basic org-element org-persist org-id avl-tree ol-eww eww url-queue
mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m
ol-doi org-link-doi gnus-icalendar org-capture org-refile org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys
oc org-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs whitespace vc-cvs vc-rcs
log-view pcvs-util make-mode sh-script smie treesit executable vc-git
diff-mode vc-dispatcher vc-svn bug-reference paredit gnus-dired time
battery cus-load exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config ido exwm exwm-input
xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render
exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto
xcb-types xcb-debug server modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone
speed-type url-http url-auth url-gw nsm compat ytdious mingus libmpdee
reporter edebug debug backtrace detached-init detached autorevert
filenotify transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect
calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win ebdb-mua
ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage
dframe find-func eieio-base pcase timezone icalendar gnus nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit visual-basic-mode
cl web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp rx trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy
slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref
project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline icons pp comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
notifications dbus xml cl-extra help-mode use-package-core repeat
easy-mmode desktop frameset debbugs-autoloads detached-autoloads
ebdb-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads
magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads finder-inf magit-section-autoloads
md4rd-autoloads dash-autoloads on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads
paredit-autoloads request-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads s-autoloads
speed-type-autoloads transmission-autoloads tree-mode-autoloads
visual-fill-column-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads
ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x
multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1057313 730582) (symbols 48 63122 23)
 (strings 32 306271 44990) (string-bytes 1 9931531)
 (vectors 16 189944) (vector-slots 8 3240300 61907)
 (floats 8 662 1451) (intervals 56 27960 3941) (buffers 984 134))

-- 
Manuel Giraud