Subject: Re: bug#65052: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Scroll-{up, down} does not update tracking info in image-dired

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2023 20:25:30 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2023 16:55:45 +0200
>> From:  Manuel Giraud via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> Here is a patch that updates header tracking in image-dired when
>> scrolling up or down.
>
> What is "header tracking"?
>
> More generally, could you please explain what problem are you trying
> to solve here?

Yes, sorry.  When you are using image-dired, there is a header line with
some informations (by default name of the file, its size and so on, see
`image-dired-display-properties-format').  Those informations are
updated when you move from one thumbnail to another (by mean of
C-{f,b,n,p}).  But they are not updated with C-v/M-v.  This patch fixes
this.

(BTW "tracking" is not the correct word here as it means something else
in image-dired)
-- 
Manuel Giraud