Subject: Re: bug#65049: Minor update to the repro steps

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2023 14:05:26 +0300

> From: Maxim Kim <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2023 18:02:56 +1000
> 
> 
> 
> Steps in initial message were a bit incorrect, updated:
> 
> 0. ./runemacs.exe -Q
> 1. navigate to a dirty git repo
> 2. C-x v D
> 3. Press C-x v v
> 4. Add commit message
> 5. Press C-c C-c
> 
> Sorry for initial misleading steps.

I cannot reproduce the problem.  I get the expected behavior: the
changes are committed.  Are you sure your recipe is complete?  Do you
have any Git customizations, either in that repository or in your
system-wide ~/.gitconfig etc.?

If you have no customizations, please tell more about the recipe, in
particular please describe exactly what you see at every step of the
recipe.  For example, after "C-x v D" I see the diffs of the single
file that is modified in the repository -- is that what you see as
well?

FTR: I have the HOME environment variable defined on my Windows system
that points to my home directory -- maybe the problem is somehow
related to what Emacs considers HOME on Windows when there's no such
variable defined? does the directory ../AppData/Local/Temp/ actually
exist on your system (and why does Emacs use a relative file name for
it, anyway)?

If nothing else gives a clue, please step in Edebug through the
relevant code and tell which commands fail, and why (show the values
of the relevant variables).