Subject: bug#65042: closed (Re: bug#65042: 30.0.50; alpha-background doesn't effect background of stipple in emacs 30.0.50 pgtk)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 12:52:03 +0000

Your bug report

#65042: 30.0.50; alpha-background doesn't effect background of stipple in emacs 30.0.50 pgtk

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65042: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65042
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65042: 30.0.50; alpha-background doesn't effect background of stipple in emacs 30.0.50 pgtk
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Felix <[email-masked]>, Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 05:51:40 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Felix <[email-masked]> writes:

> Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> So this has been fixed?  Should the bug be closed?
>>
>> Yes, all that remains is for Felix to reply.
>
> I didn't know that a reply is needed, sorry.
> It's fixed and can be closed, thanks.

Thanks, closed.

Subject: 30.0.50; alpha-background doesn't effect background of stipple in emacs 30.0.50 pgtk
From: Felix <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2023 18:07:21 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The background of stipple stays opaque with alpha-background parameter
set for transparency.
This came up in the use of the new package 'indent-bars'.
The github issue: https://github.com/jdtsmith/indent-bars/issues/8
I tested this with 'emacs -Q' only enabling the needed packages (compat
and indent-bars).

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 12, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-08-03 built on
 felix-lifebooka531
Repository revision: 588a0363d9a3ce6d678618ad545f7a8f9af27880
Repository branch: makepkg
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
 --enable-link-time-optimization --with-native-compilation=yes
 --with-xinput2 --with-pgtk --without-xaw3d --with-cairo-xcb
 --with-sound=no --with-xwidgets --with-tree-sitter --without-gpm
 --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=native -mtune=generic -O3 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8