Subject: bug#6504: closed (Re: bug#6504: 24.0.50; flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word does not unmark checked word when inserted in dictionary)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 08:28:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6504: 24.0.50; flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word does not unmark checked word when inserted in dictionary

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6504: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6504
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6504: 24.0.50; flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word does not unmark checked word when inserted in dictionary
From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
To: Gregor Zattler <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:27:07 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 06:43:14PM +0200, Gregor Zattler wrote:
> It's not possible to check several misspelled words via  
> flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word.  
> 
> Recipe to reproduce the bug:
> - start emacs -Q
> - M-x flyspell-mode
> - type a misspelled word a blank and a second misspelled word and a few
>   blanks
> - fylspell highlights the misspelled words
> - M-x - flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word
> - type 'i' in order to save the second misspelled word as correct in
>   your dictionary (sanitize the dictionary afterwards)
> - cursor is at eol but the second misspelled word is still marked as
>   misspelled
> - M-x - flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word
>   in order to check the first misspelled word
> - nothing happens except for a message in the echo area: 
>   "<second misspelled word> is correct"
> 
> Therefore it is not possible to check the first misspelled word after
> checking the second.  I consider this to be a bug because it is
> necessary to move cursor in order to check the first missspelled word
> whilst the whole purpose fo flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word is
> to minimize breaks for spell checking while writing.

I have committed a change that should make sure `flyspell-word' rechecks
word after `flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word' run, so highlight
is removed if appropriate.

This should close bug report. Please reopen if needed.

Thanks for your feedback.

-- 
Agustin

Subject: 24.0.50; flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word does not unmark checked word when inserted in dictionary
From: Gregor Zattler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:43:14 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It's not possible to check several misspelled words via  
flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word.  

Recipe to reproduce the bug:
- start emacs -Q
- M-x flyspell-mode
- type a misspelled word a blank and a second misspelled word and a few
  blanks
- fylspell highlights the misspelled words
- M-x - flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word
- type 'i' in order to save the second misspelled word as correct in
  your dictionary (sanitize the dictionary afterwards)
- cursor is at eol but the second misspelled word is still marked as
  misspelled
- M-x - flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word
  in order to check the first misspelled word
- nothing happens except for a message in the echo area: 
  "<second misspelled word> is correct"

Therefore it is not possible to check the first misspelled word after
checking the second.  I consider this to be a bug because it is
necessary to move cursor in order to check the first missspelled word
whilst the whole purpose fo flyspell-check-previous-highlighted-word is
to minimize breaks for spell checking while writing.

Thank you for emacs and flyspell.  
Regards, gregor

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2010-06-19 on elegiac, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 1:20100619-2)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
configured using `configure  '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp' '--without-compress-info' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g -Wl,--as-needed' 'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: POSIX
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  text-scale-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
e SPC f ü r SPC e i n e n SPC t e i l SPC d e s s e 
l b e n SPC v e r a n t w o r t l i c h SPC s i n d 
<C-left> <C-left> <C-left> <C-left> <delete> T C-x 
C-s <down> SPC SPC F ü r SPC a l l e SPC a n d e r 
e n SPC G e w e r k s c h a f t s t e i l e SPC <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> SPC <backspace> 
C-e <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <C-left> T e i 
l e SPC C-e <C-left> d e r SPC C-e SPC s t e l l t 
SPC s i c h SPC d e r SPC F a l l SPC d a g e g e n 
SPC m e h r SPC a l s SPC e i n SPC A n g r i f f SPC 
e <backspace> d e s SPC K o n z e r n s SPC a u f SPC 
e i n e SPC S t r e i k e n d e SPC d a r , SPC d i 
e SPC u n t e r s t ü t z t SPC w e r d e n SPC m u 
s s SPC ( w e n n SPC d i e SPC g e w SPC s t r e i 
k f ä h i g SPC b l e i b e n SPC w i l l ) . <insert> 
<insert> <escape> <insert> i C-x C-s M-x r e p <tab> 
o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Personal dictionary saved.
Auto-saving...done
Saving file /home/grfz/projekte/anlaesslich/200805-Einzelhandelsstreik/Emmely-Nachbetrachtung-2010-06-23.org...
Wrote /home/grfz/projekte/anlaesslich/200805-Einzelhandelsstreik/Emmely-Nachbetrachtung-2010-06-23.org
Auto-saving...done
Checking spelling of STREIKFÄHIG...
Personal dictionary saved.
Saving file /home/grfz/projekte/anlaesslich/200805-Einzelhandelsstreik/Emmely-Nachbetrachtung-2010-06-23.org...
Wrote /home/grfz/projekte/anlaesslich/200805-Einzelhandelsstreik/Emmely-Nachbetrachtung-2010-06-23.org
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/site-lisp/magit hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/magit
/usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/vc-git hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/vc/vc-git
/usr/share/emacs-snapshot/site-lisp/emms/tq hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug skeleton sh-script mail-extr
ps-mule ps-print ps-def lpr jka-compr debug multi-isearch t-mouse
help-mode appt view mule-util cal-move face-remap tramp-imap tramp-gw
tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp auth-source
gnus-util shell comint ring password-cache tramp-compat trampver
executable newcomment pp flyspell ispell org-w3m org-wl org-vm org-rmail
org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-inlinetask org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html
org-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-id org-gnus org-docview
org-crypt org-bibtex org-bbdb org-table server diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-protocol org-remember org-datetree
org byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile org-footnote org-src
org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline
remember windmove org-install emms-volume emms-volume-amixer format-spec
emms-tag-editor emms-i18n emms-mark emms-history emms-bookmarks
emms-last-played emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-lastfm
emms-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-util url-parse timezone url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr
mailcap emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-score emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics time-date emms-streams
emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info
later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file emms-setup emms emms-compat
muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html
muse-xml-common cus-edit muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols info
muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode filladapt post derived
hl-line sr-speedbar cl cl-19 speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe assoc
wdired dired-x dired-aux dired ido edmacro kmacro ffap ff-paths
regexp-opt uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload paren savehist
recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu avoid time cua-base cus-start
cus-load package reporter muse-autoloads emms-auto emacs-goodies-el
emacs-goodies-custom emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting font-render-setting gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)