Subject: bug#65039: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Add bookmark handler for M-x shell

From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 07:39:10 +0300

Good morning Stefan,

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun,  3 Sep 2023 04:15:57 -0700

> [... 32 lines elided]

> Just to let you know, I had an issue with applying the patch, and had to
> manually edit it:
>
>   1 git … am --3way -- ~/wip/emacs/0001-Add-bookmark-handler-for-M-x-shell.patch
> Line longer than 78 characters in commit message
> Commit aborted; please see the file CONTRIBUTE
>
> Also, when the bug number is known, it is good if you can include it
> somewhere in the commit message.

Good to know.  Thanks!

> I was going to review and install this patch, but I noticed that there
> was some further discussion in a subthread regarding some Tramp stuff?
> Should that be resolved first, or is this ready as-is?

I am using the patch locally and it works for me, including for the
Tramp 'sudo' method.  The problem is with a Tramp 'ssh' connection.  I
don't have a machine with ssh access to test this.  Another person
suggested a setup to establish an ssh connection to localhost, but I
cannot get it to work.

All the best,
Protesilaos (or simply "Prot")

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
https://protesilaos.com