Subject: Re: bug#65039: [PATCH] Add bookmark handler for shell-mode

From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2025 12:41:25 -0500

On Sat, Feb 15, 2025 at 12:16 PM Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Ship Mints <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Latest patch attached.
>
> And still nitpicks :-)
>

They're all thoughtful and welcome comments.  Good engineers should be
nitpicky.

> non-@code{nil}

Done.

> +@xref{Top, The Tramp Manual,, tramp, The Tramp Manual}. Also see the
> > +more detailed documentation available here
> > +@url{https://www.gnu.org/software/tramp/}.
>
> ??? Both the info manual and the HTML page are the same text.
>

Done.  This was just ignorance on my part, not knowing the tramp manual was
in a different doc subdirectory.

My previous comment still stands: Use `connection-local-value'. Did you
> check?

Got it.  It was an oversight.

> `shell-mode'

Done.

> +For a remote shell `default-directory' will be the remote file name.
> > +Remote shell buffers reuse existing connections that match the remote
> > +file name, or may prompt you to create a new connection.  Bind
> > +`tramp-show-ad-hoc-proxies' to non-nil to ensure multi-hop remote
> > +connections are fully qualified.
>
> non-@code{nil}
>

I see references to non-nil without quotes all over the place in docstrings.
Further, checkdoc warns about not putting t or nil in quotes.

Latest revision attached.

-Stephane