Subject: bug#65027: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Document .elpaignore behavior in the Emacs Lisp manual

From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 13:35:08 +0300

> From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue,  5 Sep 2023 18:56:36 -0700
>
> [... 14 lines elided]
>
> In another subthread for this bug, we'd discussed making a *new* manual 
> that discusses ELPA and/or creating packages for Emacs in general. If we 
> want to create such a manual, I think that's the place my patch should 
> go. However, I'm not sure what the status is on that; I have time to 
> help out with it, but not enough time to write a whole manual myself.
>
> I CCed some of the people discussing this into this subthread too.

Sorry for the delay!  I read the entire thread.  I am willing to
contribute towards the creation of a new manual.  As Stefan Monnier
noted earlier,[1] I think it is better to have it be about "Emacs
packages" with relevant subsections for where those are stored and how
they can be installed.

How do we start?  Perhaps someone can produce a draft to get things
going?  I am happy to volunteer towards that end.

Should this be in .texi or can we do it in .org format?

As always, we communicate with the maintainers before making any
changes.

Anything else we need to consider at this stage?

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
https://protesilaos.com