Subject: bug#65006: closed (Re: bug#65026: 30.0.50; c-ts-mode-test-indentation-bsd fails)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 07:10:02 +0000

Your bug report

#65026: 29.1.50; c-ts-mode: else block not indented right on TAB

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
65026: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=65026
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#65026: 30.0.50; c-ts-mode-test-indentation-bsd fails
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 09:09:09 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 29.2

Yuan Fu <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Yuan,

>> But this is another error. Do you want to trace it in this bug report,
>> or shall I write a new one?
>
> Thanks Michael. This test failure is cause by a (kind of) regression
> introduced by ec4d29c4494 on emacs-29. Only the latest
> tree-sitter-bash grammar will trigger the tree-sitter bug that
> activates the regression introduced in that commit, so the test passed
> locally on my machine.
>
> I’ve pushed a fix for that regression a few days ago to emacs-29. Once
> emacs-29 is merged into master, the failure should go away. I’ll check
> the CI to see if that indeed happens.

On emba, the treesitter tests pass now. I'm closing the bug.

> Yuan

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 29.1.50; c-ts-mode: else block not indented right on TAB
From: Mohammed Sadiq <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-gnu Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2023 08:13:08 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The else block in the following code is not indented on TAB:

int
main (void)
{
   if (true)
     do_something ();
   else
do_something_else ();
}

How to reproduce:
1. Select the complete buffer
2. Press TAB

Expected result:
do_something_else() should be indented

afair, this did seem to work in the past.  May be this
happened after I updated treesitter-c module, idk.

In GNU Emacs 29.1.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.37, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-08-01 built on purism
Repository revision: 0c29f53ab8723dd5a9f31ce8a6e913cc08132e56
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12101007
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
  'configure --prefix=/usr'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C/*

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
c-ts-mode c-ts-common treesit cl-seq cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl-loaddefs cl-lib
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 59978 9655)
  (symbols 48 7209 0)
  (strings 32 20385 1935)
  (string-bytes 1 740617)
  (vectors 16 12951)
  (vector-slots 8 184640 13476)
  (floats 8 24 23)
  (intervals 56 252 0)
  (buffers 984 11))