Subject: bug#65026: 30.0.50; c-ts-mode-test-indentation-bsd fails

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 19:42:56 +0200

Yuan Fu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Yuan,

> I fixed the tree-sitter test a while ago, but didn’t check EMBA. It
> seems they are skipped right now? (Sorry for taking so long.)

They are skipped in all test jobs except job "test-tree-sitter" on the
master branch. And that job is skipped, if the corresponding
"build-image-tree-sitter" job didn't succeed.

> I’m also seeing the build-image-tree-sitter build failing [1]. But I
> can’t tell what’s causing it. The pipeline was pushing something and
> it timed out?
>
> [1] https://emba.gnu.org/emacs/emacs/-/jobs/73909

There are problems with the gitlab docker registry these days, so not
all jobs go through.

However, <https://emba.gnu.org/emacs/emacs/-/jobs/74104> has finished in
time. And the test job, <https://emba.gnu.org/emacs/emacs/-/jobs/74107>,
has failed:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Test treesit-defun-navigation-nested-3 backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (equal (cons name (cdr record)) (co
  ert-fail(((should (equal (cons name (cdr record)) (cons name poss)))
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-623 (apply fn-621 args-622)) (setq f
  (let (form-description-625) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-623 (app
  (let ((value-623 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-624)) (let (form-descr
  (let* ((fn-621 #'equal) (args-622 (condition-case err (let ((signal-
  (while (and (consp --cl-var--) (progn (setq record (car --cl-var--))
  (let* ((--cl-var-- decoded-master) (record nil) (--cl-var-- master) 
  (let* ((opening (or opening "[")) (closing (or closing "]")) (marker
  (progn (funcall init) (let* ((opening (or opening "[")) (closing (or
  (unwind-protect (progn (funcall init) (let* ((opening (or opening "[
  (save-current-buffer (set-buffer temp-buffer) (unwind-protect (progn
  (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*" t))) (save-current
  treesit--ert-test-defun-navigation((closure (t) nil (treesit-parser-
  (closure (t) nil (let* ((fn-636 #'treesit-language-available-p) (arg
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test ... :result
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name treesit-defun-navigation-nested-3 :do
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp))) #f(compil
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp))))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativeco
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :n
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "src/treesit-tests.el" "--
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test treesit-defun-navigation-nested-3 condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should (equal (cons name ...) (cons name poss))) :form
      (equal ("marker 0" 18 71 17 31) ("marker 0" 18 71 nil 31)) :value
      nil :explanation (list-elt 3 (different-types 17 nil))))
   FAILED   6/25  treesit-defun-navigation-nested-3 (0.039924 sec) at src/treesit-tests.el:1109
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

But this is another error. Do you want to trace it in this bug report,
or shall I write a new one?

> Yuan

Best regards, Michael.