Subject: Re: [bug#65000] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-next: Update to 29.1.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2023 22:27:14 +0200

Am Sonntag, dem 30.07.2023 um 02:00 +0200 schrieb Tobias Geerinckx-
Rice:
> * gnu/packages/emacs.scm (emacs-next): Update to 29.1.
> ---
> 
>  gnu/packages/emacs.scm | 5 ++---
>  1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
> 
> diff --git a/gnu/packages/emacs.scm b/gnu/packages/emacs.scm
> index d3689c2474..a9db4e3bd0 100644
> --- a/gnu/packages/emacs.scm
> +++ b/gnu/packages/emacs.scm
> @@ -394,7 +394,7 @@ (define-public emacs-next
>    (package
>      (inherit emacs)
>      (name "emacs-next")
> -    (version "29.0.92")
> +    (version "29.1")
>      (source
>       (origin
>         (inherit (package-source emacs))
> @@ -408,8 +408,7 @@ (define-public emacs-next
>                                  "emacs-fix-scheme-indent-
> function.patch"
>                                  "emacs-native-comp-driver-
> options.patch"))
>         (sha256
> -        (base32
> -         "1h3p325859svcy43iv7wr27dp68049j9d44jq5akcynqdkxz4jjn"))))
> +        (base32
> "1a0qng5dpjqsv7hqkg9kbwczhg41v1pdvps297q4bglasg1c4w6w"))))
Welp, given that this is a release, it's no longer, "emacs-next", isn't
it?  I think we should take this version and hash to emacs-team, build
the packages there and then merge back to master.  Sadly, there's a
little conflict with Jan's patch a while earlier that I forgot to feed
back…
>      (inputs
>       (modify-inputs (package-inputs emacs)
>         (prepend sqlite)))
> 
> base-commit: 75b95af9d64563f316992af141cde4f5f4f36441
> prerequisite-patch-id: c0bdedcb95ea290b7036b5239646ab8737ee8fc3
> prerequisite-patch-id: 4653095cc42bfe83fb84ce39153d654dd978e266
> prerequisite-patch-id: 3a608773b8cb7bc3412694d5ca199b8f629d8260
> prerequisite-patch-id: afc5306ed6431f67cb5acb7e35d06d3149dd24bb
> prerequisite-patch-id: c1aff03b799213ed4a5e27022b8a0bb704677bfd
> prerequisite-patch-id: 6d0a606ec0f4791b9f7804fe811ddc247a94fc3d
> prerequisite-patch-id: 1c282f720a5ade12d9d8cdc574fc321b4d29fbec
> prerequisite-patch-id: 17b490d8ce892558026245b009ebda7a32c8cbea
> prerequisite-patch-id: c9162290fa29df5c020b99a38ac2a8dc6a78ef05
> prerequisite-patch-id: a6b89688a03e41460d1332acfdeb8abd9980e7e5
> prerequisite-patch-id: a7e88bbe57e9330efcaf2023d1a3d3a6d681dd07
> prerequisite-patch-id: a878b8d1c6d10c196d0a8bf3c0d1379f0ce1849b
> prerequisite-patch-id: 7e6e4ab87b52996e9bb6cd8595889f21ba87e9fe
> prerequisite-patch-id: 6f86f2a54f77c0e8841b6f22953c2f748e358107
> prerequisite-patch-id: 7c88071ffd6af8c9de9a44ef2e745e3b111d28e7
> prerequisite-patch-id: dacf336396c4f629906e4689dc2868d437179a37
> prerequisite-patch-id: 35641348fcba881313d08cb85da3722ba0891264
> prerequisite-patch-id: ea98f949fde81f63a309e36405b87463dc07ac50
> prerequisite-patch-id: a299994eb9a52db942a5cc3a038b8bc34529c799
> prerequisite-patch-id: 9ffc6d3a9be37af59ec29bfce0543cf8371edacb
> prerequisite-patch-id: c489fbc8af7d431f9372d0b8bc9e4c609703680e
> prerequisite-patch-id: 471c932817cc1044fd03f56e1a1f84e4ce4029a9
> prerequisite-patch-id: 88f3a5981ea62ce654a48c258df09315f24ba73e
> prerequisite-patch-id: 62b7b8d8b26d642f524d45e910f7685a57345d76
> prerequisite-patch-id: 6ad7cb518d3f48614c97e7ef851289a8f4375306
> prerequisite-patch-id: b6630bfc6abc407afac53074820b61aa676c6f0a
Quite a number of prerequisites ;)